Tuesday, September 8, 2026

I Did A Thing

Well it has been a busy week with the house, gerdening, mushrooms, hydroponics and tiling the bathroom. No time for birding this week as I have been busy around the house. Hopefully back to the birding next week. Well I have 2 crops of mushrooms now, made mushroom soup and a mushrrom curry, both delicious if I do say so myself. Hydroponics growing well now with cucumbers, tomatoes and lots of veggies. Spuds are in but no sign of any growth yet, same with the beets.... They will come, (hopefully).
All three toilets and sink traps fixed and one bathroom re-tiled.That was quite a job.. Don't think I could have done such a good job by myself.. Thanks Am, you did a great job.
The other live-in helpers came to inspect the work but then retired to their posts to contemplate my workmanship..
The aviary has been cleared of weeds and cleaned up ready for half a dozen quails that should be coming soon, (probably best to wait for the rainy season to end). So beetroot pickled quail eggs are on the horizen, I just love quail eggs, a bit small, but packed with protein and other good stuff.
Ahh, what else?? Well it must have been a sight seeing a 60 year old (me) up a 3+ metre mango tree, saw in hand cutting the blighter down. We planted the tree from a seed almost 20 years ago, but it has never produced any fruit so it was time to say bye bye. Cutting small sections at a time and lowering them down one by one was fun (really??). Half bloody killed me... lol
Well, I reckon that's enough ramble for now. You can see the video on my YouTube channel in a few days from now. Talking of the channel, I am thinking of changing the name from "Birding With Brian" to Thai birds n pies.. What do you think?? Let me know. If you haven't already, take a look at my channel here: That's all for now, keep following for more soon. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmMPswWoLp91TvYThchLnQ

No comments:

Post a Comment