Thursday, March 27, 2014

Kaeng Krachan....

Kaeng Krachan

Yesterday was my first (and sure not the last) trip to Kaeng Krachan during the school holidays.. Always disappointed that staff there won't accept my work permit for Thai price entry.. Never had any problems at other National Parks.. Well, first sight to welcome me was a splendid Shikra (although my picture wasn't so!!) Before reaching the campsite two more lifers, Ashy Minivets and Grey Rumped Treeswifts.. Another raptor I am unsure of and a Black Baza made the drive pleasant. I am a little concerned about the road as it looks like it is being leveled to be tarmac-ed. Gonna be another rally track I'm sure!!!!!!!!! At the campsite I pitched tent and went off to look between all streams, Orange Breasted Trogon and Silver Breasted Broadbill was all I got..Seemed all a bit quiet. Driving back to camp, another lifer, a Chestnut Breasted Malkoha. Back at the campsite I contemplated packing up and heading home, after a chat with Luang Dtot I decided to call it a day... Will be back soon..




Unsure
Ashy Minivet

Black Baza

Chestnut Breasted Malkoha

Grey Rumped Treeswift.

Shikra

Silver Breasted Broadbill


No comments:

Post a Comment